Before you begin!...

woman holding money

Before you begin...

Welcome to my blog! This is a place where you get to know how to make money online by doing simple jobs. Most of the online money making opportunities are available only for people from USA or Canada, but this blog contains only those websites where people from other countries can join and make money. Only those sites which have either paid me or any one of my trusted friends are included in this blog. All the websites (except forex) recommended here are free to join and you don't have to make any investment to start earning, but if you prefer to make any investments you are doing it on your own risk.

Wait a Sec... Do you have a Payment Processor Account?
The First step in earning money online is to open an account with a Payment Processor like AlertPay or PayPal or most preferably both. So if you don't have one please Start a FREE Payment Processor Account before proceeding further with making money online. Click here to learn about and start a FREE payment processor account. Join a Money Making Forum...
If you are serious about making money online then you should join few forums were people discuss about various money making opportunities, that will help you keep updated and share other peoples experience with various money making sites. One such forum is Make money Kingdom AKA "MMK" were you not only get to discuss about money making opportunities but also get paid for the same! Click here to know about & Join Make Money Kingdom

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kick starting a blog in 50 days - secrets revealed! - Part 1



promoting-your-blog: Kick starting a blog in 50 days - secrets revealed! - Part 1One question - did you see MindBlogger 50 days before this day? Maybe 6 of you have. Since, I only had 6 subscribers to this blog, 50 days before this day. I had 20 unique visitors per day, an average of 0.65 comments per post and a lot of frustration building at my own pace. The reason why I hit so low key was because I had certain things going on in December 2007 and January 2008, that completely forced me to ignore my blog. So, when it was all over, I was left with this blog with 6 subscribers.

It seemed like the right time to give up. Although I was going well before December ‘07, the blog was in peril so I thought I needed to change the niche and do something with this. Now, just in case, if you don’t believe what I’ve said up-to now, you can check this post out. Convinced?

So, let’s do a bit of a comparison of the statistics between the two ends of this timeframe.

 50 days beforeRight now
Subscribers6201
Ave. unique visitors p/day20230
Alexa Rank - 1 wk ave.2,000,000+87,887

It might not be ‘really huge’ in certain aspects but, building a blog from zero, I am pretty happy with where I stand now. So, I am going to give a bit of an inside perspective on how I did it, because, with few spicy ingredients off my recipe, you can make your super potion to boost your blog.

Being controversial always works

promoting-your-blog: Kick starting a blog in 50 days - secrets revealed! - Part 1NO. really! It always works. I tend to agree with John Cow fully when he says nice bloggers end up last. When I hit rock bottom, the only way I could motivate myself to keep on doing what I love to do was to do something quick to get back to bikini bottom with Spongebob. So, I made my first post of controversy. 5 reasons why slblogs.org can’t be the Sri Lankan blogosphere. I live in Sri Lanka, as most of you might know and slblogs.org is a blog aggregator.

I personally think the time of non-niche blog aggregators are long and gone and I didn’t and still don’t think it’s an idea worth investing your time in. So, I came out with that ‘ouch!’ factor to get some evil traffic. I had to face a lot of criticism, a lot of harsh comments. But then again, that’s all in the package. In the end, it all played out for me since everyone who criticized me were kind enough to give my block some backlinks, despite of their harsh words and, hey! I spoke my mind out and got my thing across.

And also, a nice boost in traffic and subscribers, creating my blog a lot of exposure.

Content is the king

promoting-your-blog: Kick starting a blog in 50 days - secrets revealed! - Part 1I’m sorry. I know this is no secret but, it’s too important to be left out. The best method of proving you’re “that good” to be followed is to get your content across. I had to be really original, really sharp and really picky on what I posted in these 50 days and my posting frequency. Once you lose a subscriber, you’ve lost him/her forever. So what not to do? Post total useless ramblings.

Note that 6 out of 10 of my most popular posts were written in these 50 days.

New makeovers

promoting-your-blog: Kick starting a blog in 50 days - secrets revealed! - Part 1Prior to writing my own theme for MindBlogger, I used the 3cWPTP theme. But, I needed to bring out the professionalism of my blog and my brand of blog more effectively. So I wrote my own theme the, way I wanted. Maybe this is something that everyone of you aren’t able to do. But it always helps when you try to customize a widely used theme or try to find a theme from un-explored depths of wpthemesfree.com.

I received a good number of positive comments about my blog design and it successfully gave the boost I needed to the growth of my blog. When designing or picking a theme, your should know what your blog really needs. Just because a theme looks good, doesn’t mean that it will cater to all of your needs. The first impression matters and that means your theme!

[contd...]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List

Hello